Growing law firms that want to keep pace with rapid modernization need to stay up-to-date on technology that will allow them to perform better, commit fewer errors, and maximize hourly billing. The right communications system will help you reach these goals and beyond. Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of a smart phone system for law firms.
What is a Smart Phone System?
General business phone systems only give your business the basic ability to make and receive calls. On the other hand, a business smart phone system is hosted on the cloud and unifies communications on a multi-channel platform. It allows for VoIP, the technology that allows you to make phone calls directly from a computer or cellphone with data abilities. Essentially, it’s a phone system that’s hosted entirely online.
Key Features of Unified Communications
Unified communications will bring your law firm’s operating to the next level, allowing you to maximize the benefits of improved technology, but only if the platform you choose has the key features of unified communications:
- Video, audio, and web conferencing
- Meeting transcription
- Screen sharing
- Chat functionality
- Language translation in real-time
- Recording capabilities
- Noise reduction and muting
Benefits of a Smart Phone System for Law Firms
A smart phone system will benefit your law firm in a multitude of ways:
- Transcribe Conversations. Note-taking is a crucial practice when meeting with clients, and you can often miss out on certain things if you don’t get it down fast enough. Intelligent business phone systems take away this worry by automatically transcribing your conversations. That way, you can easily look back on a conversation to compare notes. You’ll also be able to give more attention to your client.
- Receive Calls from Anywhere: Most people want the ability to work remotely. A smart phone system for law firms helps you give your employees that freedom. It allows them to access your law firm’s communications system from almost anywhere, as long as they have a connection to the Internet. Instead of only handling calls and emails, they’ll also be able to log and track conversations.
- Enhanced Call Routing: Clients will be able to reach your team faster with enhanced call routing. An automatic messaging system will answer all calls to your office and provide clients with a menu to choose from. While this is standard for business phones, smart phone systems can route calls to specific extensions and even push them to your cell phone if the power goes out or you change settings.
- Reduce Administrative Burden: Handling multiple channels of communication and trying to manually track conversations can be a burden on employees. By getting rid of these tasks, your team of lawyers will be able to spend more time practicing law and less time performing small administrative tasks.
- Everything in One Place: In the past, having a multi-channel method of communicating wasn’t that important for businesses. But after the pandemic, unified communications software has boomed as companies aim to wrap multiple modes of communication into one platform to ease communication amongst their teams.
Find the Best System for Your Law Firm
A good smart phone system can revolutionize the way things get done at your law firm – and for the better. I know that not many people get excited about plastic phones or business phone systems. What they want is to communicate better inside their own teams and with customers and prospects. I can help you do all that and will be excited about doing it.
Schedule a time to learn how the right system will help your law firm find its path to the mountain peak.