Is your law firm in desperate need of a new phone system? The right VOIP system can do amazing things for your practice. Read on for tips on choosing the best VOIP system for your law firm.
Why VOIP For Law Firms
VOIP stands for Voice over Internet Protocol. It is a technology that allows users to make voice calls using an internet connection rather than typical phone signals. VOIP phone systems – often called Smart Phone systems – are great for law firms for several reasons.
With VOIP, you can easily receive calls anywhere as long as you have an Internet connection. VOIP software can also transcribe conversations, which is important for lawyers, and enhance your overall call routing.
How do I Choose A Good VOIP Provider?
To choose a good VOIP provider, you first need to identify your law firm’s needs and determine the type of VOIP service you want. Every VOIP service comes with different functions (caller ID, voicemail, three-way calling, etc.), so you’ll need to do some research and figure out which features you want. After determining your wants and needs, you need to research different VOIP providers and check on their reviews to ensure you choose a quality provider.
There are tons of VOIP providers to choose from, making it hard to identify which one will best fit your needs. Luckily, Mountain Path solutions can make it easy for you. We work with various top-notch VOIP providers and can help you choose the best one.
What Phones Do Lawyers Use?
Most lawyers use mobile phones – typical smartphones like iPhones or Androids. If your firm uses smartphones, you’ll need a VOIP system that can seamlessly integrate with your current technology.
Key VOIP Features For Law Firms
As we said early, every VOIP system has different available features. If you’re operating a law firm, some key features you’ll want in your VOIP system include:
- Ability to handle remote workers. With more and more workers shifting to fully remote or hybrid work schedules, a VOIP system that has the ability to host remote workers is essential to success.
- Tracking time. By choosing a VOIP system that can track time, billing your clients will be much easier.
- Reports and analytics. Advanced VOIP systems can create detailed reports on different call and communication metrics. These detailed analytics can help you work toward improvement.
- Voice transcription. Some VOIP systems can automatically transcribe voice conversations, making paying attention in the moment easier.
- Easier collaboration. VOIP systems streamline communication within your team by eliminating administrative burdens and making conversations easier.
Schedule A Free VOIP Demo
A good VOIP system can revolutionize how things get done at your law firm – and for the better. You’ll be able to improve communications within your teams and externally with customers and prospects. At Mountain Path Solutions, we are excited to help law firms find the communications technology that’s best for them, and we’ll do all the heavy lifting for you.
Schedule a time to get a free VOIP demo and learn how the right system will help your law firm find its path to the mountain peak.